Sunday, May 07, 2006

Unexpecting Concerto

In the wee hours of the morning of Saturday, I attended Pn Jaya's MUET class in V.I. Sonia and I were early so we decided to pay a visit to 'Kali' ( currently residing in a box in my class ). She seemed agitated and scared. I brought food for her ( the whittish outer layer of a pau ) ... she didn't seem interested.

The MUET class was quite okay, Pn. Jaya gave us notes on certain topics that might come up for our 'oh'-so-nearing Speaking exam. Half way during the class, people were fogging the Form Six Block's compound, trying to get rid of the ever-so-dangerous Aedes mosquitoes. They fogged so much, that even closing all the classroom windows and doors didn't work ! The fog seeped through every possible open crack or space ! The classroom was filled with greyish smoke, like we were caught in a fire or something !

After much coughing and hacking, class ended much to Sonia's delight. We both met up with Sham and had breakfast in Petaling Street.

As soon as I reached home, I wanted to try on my outfit for tonight's concerto. Much to my dismay, everything ( from shirt, pants and coat ) did not match ! I frantically ransacked every cupboard in the house searching for pants that were brown and I could fit into. After an hour and a half ... I gave up !

Sometime before getting ready for the outing, I decided on the first outfit I tried on earlier ... that seemed to me as the only thing that closely matched each other.

I was early and so I completed a walk through KLCC and also used the full services of the RM2.00 toilet. Somewhere on the 3rd or 4th floor, I almost bumped into Tun Dr. Mahathir. I hadn't realised that I almost knocked down our former Prime Minister ! All I could do was give a very discomforted smile and run off . Oh dear ! Imagine the headlines in News Straits Times today ~ Boy Kills Tun Dr. Mahathir-Claiming He Honestly Didn't See Him ! ... with my shocked face on the front cover.

As soon as Steph, Desiree, Rebecca, Raveena and Jim arrived, we headed to SeRooms? Sherooms ? Shrooms ? ... errr .... I forgot how you spell that ... !? The food was not bad but the service seemed a bit disjointed, like a rusty engine. I had a Caesar Salad with Basil Chicken. It was beautiful and quite tasty but I couldn't finish it. The dish was a bit Malaysianised because they added deep fried cubes of tofu and fried onions.

Being that the food came late, all of us rushed to the MPO ( Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra place ). Steph, Desiree, Rebecca, Jim, Audrey and I were seated on the balcony whilst Raveena and Lai were seated on the ground floor ( the same level as the orchestra ). The MPO's architecture is so beautiful and so were their toilets. I kept checking myself out in the full length mirrors after peeing ( which I did a lot of ... - the place is freaking cold !!! )

The piano conerto was great although the slow pieces were a tad boring. After the interval, the orchestra played their pieces. It was great but my sleepiness caught up with me, therefore I yawned about a million times .

When it ended, we met up with the rest( of Stephanie's gang on the lower floor, leaving both me and Rebecca blurred out ! ). Suddenly, out of nowhere, Raveena starts jumping, telling me she saw Li-Shia. Li-Shia ? Here ? True enough, we met Li-Shia. I was greeted with a loud "Conrad ?", from Li-Shia. We three ( because Li-Shia wasn't alone - she had a friend named Rachel .. I think ? ... I'm not very good at remembering things ! all I remember is that her friend reminded me of another friend I had ) took many many pictures posing left, right, up, down, sideways and other ways. Seeing that I had to leave fast, all three of us took the Putra and Star LRT's home, together. We chatted like there was no tomorrow. I'm still stunned you know Li-Shia ! ... Was very very happy to see you there . HeHe !

This morning, my dad told me that I happened to lock him and my mum out of the house. I thought they were home already before I left KLCC last night ! Whoops ! My mistake. I guess that's why my handphone rang in the middle of the night ! ( I didn't bother picking it up ! ... I was too tired ! ) ... I went for the 7am Mass again in IJ Convent, was extremely sleepy ! I tried my best not to doze of during the sermon. It didn't work ! ... Later I'm gonna go see my grandma ( my mum's mom ). My dad's dropping her off at the bus station. She too came for the wedding my mum and dad went for last night ! ... I miss my grandma a lot ! I hardly see her know-a-days ! ...

~conRad~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home