Sunday, April 23, 2006

... of Bag Pipes, Flags, and Men Of Valour ( The Victory Carries On )

Friday : I took the Bible Postal Test again. Although last year I did get 'okay' results, I feel this year, I did not do so well ( not even close ). I was too distracted with concerns of material importance.

Saturday : After much beating around the bush, my usual routine of going to church was cancelled due to my grandmother's abrupt request to stay home because she wasn't 'feeling well' ( Yeah right ! ... it's easier to just admit that she forgot that we go for Mass on Saturdays ! ) Gosh ! Well ... at least I could leave early to go and see the 2006 Band Competition in Dataran Merdeka.

I reached Masjid Jamek first, so in order to kill time in waiting for Sonia, I had a 'Whopper' in Burger King. I was all by myself, I hate eating alone ! All those busy-bodies just staring at you. Watching what's your next move ? ... Them idiots ! Leave people who eat alone, Alone !

I couldn't finish the 'Whopper' ( my my, What big eyes Conrad has, I'm like, so greedy ... a big glutton ! ... where's Phak Hoe when you need him ? Where's that 'black-hole' of a stomach he has ? )

As soon as I met up with Sonia, we headed to some place where we could buy a big bottle of 'what ever' for Denise and Jared. We ended up in Guardian buying water, the liquid that brought forth life, or something like that !?

We reached Dataran Merdeka just in time, the competition just begun. We hurried to the front/end ( depends on which side you came from ) of the seating area. Met Lik Wen, Phon, Wai Loon, Rebecca, and a few prefects, waved to Rubana and Siew Chin in the stands and exchanged hello's near the TV booth to Hazram and gang.

Things started off a bit uneventful. Chong Hwa Highschool started off the competition. They were Okay. The Kadet Remaja Sekolah ( KRS ) from Titiwangsa wasn't entertaining at all. The KRS from Cochrane were far better. They were brave enough to loosen up and put on a show !

When VI's band walked in, everyone knew we were in for a good show. I was so spirited, screaming and singing, showing undivided support to my school. VI's school spirit will ignite any dead lamp ! They were great ! I caught one of the band members doing his 'thing' eventhough his 'mock' rifle hit him square on the shoulder ... Ouch ! ... no matter, he carried on like a trouper eventhough it was quite evident he was in pain. There was one who dropped his rifle too but caught it and did this cool pose ... like as though he was meant to do it ... Victorians, the great bluff-a-logists !!! *wink wink*

Well, need I say this ? VI won every award that was given out ! A total clean-sweep !!! Woohooo... !

I didn't stay on for the rest of the competition after VI competed. Instead, I had dinner with Sonia and Sham in Petaling Street. Then, I went home, WITH the water I had gotten for Denise !!! ... As soon as I entered my room, Denise called asking where was I ? We both laughed over the phone at my circumstance. Haha !

Today: My parents went to Malacca for my Grandmother's ( my mum's mum ) birthday, leaving me here with my grandmother ( my dad's mum ). What a horrible day ! All the work, the lazing around and being bored to death. At least my mum came home with chocolates from England ( her cousin always gives us a whole bunch of chocolates !!! ) . I'm munching on them right now, caramel filled ones, plain ones, ... mmmmmm ... hazelnut filled ones ... and now, a honeycomb filled one. Heaven !

*Did you know that coco was considered the food for the Gods ?! * ... just a random fact ... :)

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home