Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away ...

I am sick !

I had a sore throat since Friday, but I became even more sick on Sunday. So on Monday, I skipped school and tuition. My body was and still is aching because the high fever I have. Yesterday I could barely walk 5 steps without tiring out. Gosh ! Talk about being sick as a dog.

Today, I woke up from bed fine but before leaving for school, my fever came back. Stupid LRT was so cold, made the whole journey to school even more horrible. As I walked into school, I kept gasping for air. I never get tired walking to school ! Today I needed an oxygen tank to reach my classroom in one piece.

MUET trials were ok I guess. The comprehension seemed oddly easy, which means, I definitely made lots of silly mistakes. I finished the paper 1 hour ahead of time. When I was doing it, it felt as though time flew by too fast. Thank God, Pn. Vasantha allowed those who finished early to leave first. If not ? I would've been seen scribbling nonsense on my testpad or probably forcing myself to have a quick nap.

The listening test was a blunder. I kept mixing up all the information given out from the speaker. The sound system wasn't good, and some passages weren't read out at all. I felt completely lost. I hope I did well in the damn trial.

The summary and essay writing were another story. That whole part of the trial made sweat so much. I overshot my summary by 4 words and my essay was 400++ words. I felt I put unnecessary points in my summary and I think I went out of topic in my essay. Oh well ! luckily it's only a trial. I guess I'll know how well or badly I did next week. *crossing fingers*

School ended a half hour earlier today but it had already started to rain heavily in KL. I waited awhile till Sonia said that we needed to go because Shamelan was waiting for her outside the school compound in the rain. Did you know that all VI prefects are not allowed to carry or be seen under an umbrella !!! ( What kind of rule is that ??? ... They are also not allowed to bend ... as in picking up something off the floor ... !!! What in the world ??? ... I guess they have their reasons as it has been a tradition carved in the very walls of the VI building or at least in the VI prefect's room wall ... uh ... I made that one up... I am a sanguine after all ... *wink wink*)

So anyway, forget my rant about prefects and their very very odd rules ! Sonia, Shamelan and I walked in the rain under our own umbrellas ( except Shamelan ). I got so wet because Sonia kept pushing my umbrella with hers and also because I was trying so hard to adjust my bag.

However, nothing prepared me for the next thing that happened. After about a half hour of Sonia and Shamelan arguing about something trivial ( at the overhead bridge near the back entrance of VI ) ... we were walking along the covered walkway heading to Hang Tuah LRT station ( note : it's still raining ) and a few cars zoomed by, splashing water all over Sonia and I. Sonia screamed and so not only was I drenched in dirty rain water, but I also lost my hearing for awhile. I guess it was punishment for providing and persuading a VI prefect to use an umbrella !

In the LRT station, I could feel myself getting sick-er by the minute, so as soon as I reached home, I had a long hot shower ... aaahhh ... ! Now ? I feel a little better but still very tired and drained. My chest hurts because my breathing is blocked and I still cough horribly as though I ate barb-wire in chilli sauce, garnished with paprika nails for lunch.

Ugh ... ! When I want to get sick, I don't ! When I don't want to get sick, I do !

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home