Friday, March 02, 2007

The Pages Of A Book

Sometimes I feel that the story of my life is acually right out of a best-seller novel ! Two days ago, on a train ride home from work, I'd usually call my home to tell whoever is at home to pick me up from the station. This phone call was rather a strange one . . . I called and my sister answered, she said that someone will pick me up and added "Oh ! And by the way, our kitchen was on fire". Then she puts the phone down. Naturally, I would think she was being dumb again (it's a very clear trait she possesses). My dad fetched me from the station and the ride home was a rather quiet one. As soon as I stepped into the house, my annoying brother jumped up and started this long story on what had acually happened, to which I replied "Shut Up !!!".

According to my mum, she had been frying fish when she realized that she had to pick my brother up from school. she hurriedly closed the fire on the stove and left the house. as she was walking back, my back neighbour informed my mum that the house was on fire. The firemen (which was tipped off by my neighbour on the left) arrived a few seconds earlier than my mum would have (they broke my front gate lock). The small blaze was put out immediately. The damage was little, the walls were a grey shade (some interior decorators might be jealous of how oddly the shade was perfectly spreaded across the ceiling), two cabinet doors were burnt, the toaster and hot water flasks were melted and the stove hood was completely gone.

The fire started because my stove (which is old, and the knobs constantly fall off) knob had not reached the 'O' mark. It was away from the mark by a few millimeters !!! So the heat heated the dry pan which caused sparks to ignite the stove hood. The whole place would have never caught fire if it wasn't for the damn hood !!! Ash and soot was all over the house and even in my room !!! My neighbour said that black smoke was coming out of my living room and all.

Aih ! ... the stuff that happens !

I seem to be fitting in finally at work. Certain things I didn't know how to do before don't seem so hard now (I still bumble my way through though !). Although, every thing has it's down side and working at Peter Hoe has one ! A certain staff member always gets on our nerves. Kinda like a carbon copy of Shantini only better looking, fairer, thinner, a lot older and has a little more sense in her head ( I said a little !!! ). That person drives me crazy !!! Thank God I'll be only working there for 3 months !!!! A year and a half with Shantini around was enough !!!

I'm running a blank ... I'm guessing I'm tired and should rest for another day of working !!! (Not that I'm complaining or anything !)

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home