Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So Many Wrong Perceptions

Today, school seemed less of a chore and more of an enjoyable work load, something like I have been dying to to do/handle.

You know how first impressions usually tell you the type of person you'd be dealing with in the future ? Yeah ... it's not always right. I thought Thiagu would never prove to be the responsible rasional thinking person that I see him to be now. I guess, I miss judged him when people painted a dark picture of him. I finally see past the sordid colours. Then, there are others which I first saw a glimmer of hope and now, I see more of a fire of true colours.

I thank God that in 3 months, all this will be just a memory. This past year so far has brought out the best and worse in me. Some saw the best and judged me on it. Some saw the worst and judged me on it. And some saw both best and worst, and proceeded to judge me on it.

Don't you get it ? We judge people on what we see first, the tiny part that makes up that person. We didn't see the other tiny parts. We just concluded on the first jigsaw piece when we saw it ! Everyone in the world does this. Nobody has the benefit of a doubt. You are who you are from what I saw first.

I don't think this can be changed. We made it this way and grown accustom to it ( I know I am ). The sad thing is, once a negative perception is created, you'll never know the true person. Like a completed painting where you want to see the canvas.


-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home