Monday, February 19, 2007

A Working Dilemma . . .

At my last job, I felt like I was part of the team, at Peter Hoe I feel very out of place. I don't know how to do many things, I don't know how to bubble wrap stuff, I don't know how to gift wrap stuff, I don't know how to work the cash machine, I don't know how to fold the clothes on sale and I don't know how to set displays, basically I don't know much ! Even the people I work with seem a little distant . . . it's just weird . . . I'm very out of place ! I don't want to wake up every morning and say to myself "Oh crap ! Work again !" and right now, this is exactly how I feel. I'm trying to give it time, trying to adapt and I am adapting, it's just that the staff there isn't adapting to me. I am playful at times and I joke a lot, these people are not like that. Yes, they joke and play but I am not part of it, sometimes I just happened to be there. These people have been work mates for years and so they have a bond, adding me into their circle is taking a long long time . . . aih ! It's like first day at a new school again . . . ! It's so true 'High School Never Ends'

On Saturday I had a family reunion dinner. My aunt is Chinese and so we celebrated the Chinese New Year with her. It was pretty funny. My uncle insisted we were all Chinese on that day and so the radio was tuned in to a Chinese station ( unfortunately, it wasn't playing any new year songs ) and on TV, we watched Kung Fu Hustle !!! When it was time to toss the 'Yee Sang' everyone ( as usual ) had a chopstick to do it , even the young children ! As we started tossing, the young one's thought that 'tossing' meant 'throwing it out of the dish' !!! The table and floor had more than a quarter of the yee sang !!! We had a good time, laughing, talking, and watching Kung Fu Hustle for the hundredth time . . . My favourite moment ? Getting the 'Ang Pau', although not much as others might usually get, but money is still money !!!

Sunday and today as everyone knows is a public holiday because of the Chinese New Year. My parents took this opportunity to go to Melaka to visit my grandmother. I didn't follow as they would return on the day when work resumes. So, I am home alone. Now I know I can live by myself ! I did the laundry, the cleaning and everything by myself. Although, it is very boring but I managed to keep myself entertained or distracted from the boredom ! If I could just kill my stupid dog !!! The only thing I know I wont do if I live alone is getting a damn dog !!! Lucky ( my stupid dog ) woke me up early in the morning, made a mess near my parents bedroom and threw up in the living room !!! I hate that dog !!! Ugh . . . !

I'm dreading to go to work tomorrow . . . I hope everything will be fine ! Peter has a tendency to give more work than what acually needs to be done sometimes, and the new shipment of products came in on Saturday !!! I'm guessing it's going to be a busy busy day tomorrow . . . !

Looks like I'm going to have another dull birthday this year because I'm working and don't have much time to celebrate ! At least I'm off on Saturday from working ( that's my birthday ) !!! Humph . . . ! Oh Well !

"Happy Birthday to me ! Happy Birthday to me ! Happy Birthday to . . . "

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home