Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Banana Leaf

Sonia and I had planned to meet up in Petaling Street today, along with Sham of course ! ( because we are finally free to hang out with each other outside of school ).

First, we met up with Jega at Kolej Bandar because Sonia had to collect some notes ( she skipped tuition ). Then we headed of to Lembah Klang or is it Lebuh Klang ? Whatever lah ! We had 'Banana Leaf' for lunch ( an Indian culture where rice and all kinds of food of your choice, is put on a large banana leaf;as a plate ). Needless to say, I as usual, would never conform to normal Indian culture and so, I ate 'Banana Leaf' with a fork and spoon ( you are supposed to eat with your fingers ! ) YES PEOPLE ! I ATE WITH A FORK AND SPOON ! Laugh as you may, but I'm the one with clean germ-free fingers, not smelling of the food you ate mashed together into a gigantic ball !!!

Sham burst out laughing half-way through his meal because the man behind him said, "Look ! That boy over there is eating 'Banana Leaf' with a fork and spoon !"whilst laughing. Idiots ! Let me be lah !!!

After we finished with lunch, we had nothing to do and it started to rain. So we ran here and there when finally Sonia said that Sham and her should have their fortune told by those Indian men who sit by the shops with beautiful birds in cages. Sonia had her palm read and all and according to Sham it was practically all right. The palmist even said that she had dropped her handphone earlier near a puddle of water ! ( No one could have known that ! It happened in Petaling Street when Sham knocked her handphone out of her hand !!! ) ... so freaky ...

Those two were freaked out after the palmist got their palms read and persuaded me to do it also. And so I did. Firstly, the palmist spread a stack of cards out and lets the parrot ( I think thats what it was ? ) he keeps choose a card. It chose a card with a number 15 on it. Then he opened the card after confirming it with the bird. The bird understood everything he said. So he told Sham in Tamil everything about my characteristic and then he took my right palm and read it. As I was sitting down there listening to him explain everything to Sham, I freaked out because Sham either kept quiet or laughed !

Sham said he'd tell me everything the guy said after it was over, and so we sat in a restaurant ( and ordered teh-tarik ) while Sham was explaining everything to me. Whoa ! Damn freaky man ... it sounded all true.

As soon as the rain stopped, we headed back to Kolej Bandar so that Sonia could get her notes from Jega and then we headed back home.

All in all, it was a great day ! Running in rain, getting freaked out and browsing here and there ...

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home