Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tristan Is A Cool Name . . .

Since last night's party ended late, my family decided to not go for the 7am Mass in Infant Jesus Convent, but instead, attend Mass at 8.30am in Holy Rosary. After Mass, we had breakfast in Brickfields, in an indian restaurant. There's always a language barrier between my family and the workers in an indian restaurant. They speak in Tamil and we go ... huh ?! We speak in English and they go ... huh ?!

As soon as we reached home, I rushed to get ready for my outing with Abri and Aziemah. We met up in Times Square. Aziemah tricked me into watching 'Tristan And Isolde' and thus, ousting Abri's idea to watch 'Underworld'.

'Tristan And Isolde' was a normal sappy love story filled with war and treachery. How many times can they spin the same plot over and over again ?

*Attention ! Spoilers ahead !!!*

It turned out to be based on a legend told by the Brit's and Irish. Tristan is British whilst Isolde is Irish ( Who knows ? I might be related to her ? ), their families are at war and they find love in each other. She gets betrothed to Tristan's king/surrogate father, thus, prompting their affair. Tristan is sold out by a British traitor and is persecuted. The twist is, the king forgives Tristan but he dies anyway, infront of Isolde might I add.

There are a few funny parts in this movie like, when Isolde finds Tristan almost dead, she takes her clothes off and holds him to keep him warm. Isolde then orders her servant to do the same. Upon following Isolde's orders, the servant, Bragnea, says " I haven't been naked with a man in 15 years ! " with an extremely uncomfortable yet enjoying it, face !

'Tristan And Isolde' was an OK movie, but maybe I'm a bit biased because I'm part Irish ? James Franco did an awesome performance but the story line was the downfall of this movie. Throughout the movie, Abri and I were laughing and talking loudly. We both found the movie to predictable and so we were creating our own plot or just predicting what the characters would about to say or do. We must have annoyed a lot of people because we laughed and joked so much ! Aziemah on the other hand, was quite into the movie.

After the movie, we ate at Avenue 10. I had fettucini carbonara. Uuuummm ... scrumptious ! Then, Abri and I rushed to get DVD's ( pirated of course ) ... We both wanted to get 'The Date Movie'. We saw the trailer for the movie earlier, and we just couldn't control our laughter. Boy , were we the noisiest bunch !!!

I left Times Square about 6.30pm. Whilst in the LRT, Sonia calls to have dinner with her in a restaurant near my place. We chatted and ate and now I'm freaking stuffed !!!

Just before I started blogging, I watched 'The Date Movie' Some parts were extremely funny but the plot as usual would not make sense. It was more of a love version adapted from the 'Scary Movie' franchise. They reenacted scenes from, 'Mr. And Mrs. Smith', 'My Besfriend's Wedding', 'Kill Bill' and many more. It was funny but some parts were total duds. You'd only want to see this movie once and that's the end.

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home