Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Post That Could Not Wait . . . RENT

I just finished watching the movie Rent on DVD. It is a freaking awesome musical. I loved the songs like, the theme song; 525 600 minutes, La Boheme, and Maureen's Tango. I don't want to add any spoilers for this movie because I highly recommend that everyone should watch it. I usually find it hard to cry at a sad part of a movie, but for Rent, I was bawling at the sad parts. It doesn't tug at your heart-strings, it 'yanks' them ! I truly cannot say how much this movie 'ROCKS' ( literally ! ), I'm at a loss for words.

Just a gist ? Rent is about 6 people who are friends, two gay couples, a straight couple, a film-maker and a fallen friend. They all have to deal with living in the city amongst poverty and other mishappenings. This movie depicts their lives for over a year. It is a truly engaging movie that reflects upon us.

I didn't do much in the early half of the day. At 6.30pm, Michelle fetched me from my house and we both went to Kelana Seafood Restaurant in Tasik Permaisuri to have a small reunion with my former secondary Biology teacher, Mr. Lim. I met May, Pek Mun, Lai Tee, Yen Nee, Theresa, Tam, Matthew, and Debbi there. We laughed, talked about our lives so far, and ate till we could eat no more.

All in all, it was a good day. Even better, after watching Rent.

Go watch Rent ... buy the DVD .... Watch Rent !!!

Watch it ! ... Rent to watch Rent !

-conRad- *watch rent*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home