Saturday, March 18, 2006

Belittle

Each soul is rendered with problems. Some, we consider to be very problematic and some, we belittle. I believe we should never assume ( because you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' ! ... I got it from 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter ) that one's problem is small and insignificant because to the person, it's hurting them maybe to the point of suicide ( who knows ? ).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, never take lightly one's problem. Problems are a funny thing. It teaches you how to be stronger, it strengthens your defenses but it may also destroy your confidence. My problems a few years ago almost destroyed me. Many people belittled my problems which in the end, made me believe that I was useless. Then, I met a few teachers and met new friends. Things took a turn. I thank God for that very moment in my life when these people came along.

Someone with a problem usually lets it reside in them for a long long time. Till one day, it eats it's way out, thus becoming worse. Never let a problem consume you or others, no matter how small it is. Don't think of your pride when you ask someone for help.

The theme of this post was sprouted by an episode I watched from The Collector. The stories are perfect examples of people running away from problems. Never run ! A problem is part of who you are. It will be there no matter where you are.

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home