Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Photographs III ... ( The Celebrations Of Light )

Where do I begin ? ... I woke up at around 6am to get ready for church ( All Saints Day ). We drove to Infant Jesus Convent only to be met with a closed gate. Soon, a nun came and told us that the priest had called up at the last minute to cancel the mass, and so my family headed to the Holy Rosary church in Brickfields. After mass, we went to have breakfast in what looked liked a ghost town of Brickfields. Thus is the situation, when every Indian family is at home, busily preparing for Deepavali and for the guests which are about to arrive. The breakfast I had was very heavy ( Hardly could walk back to the car ), we didn't have to pay a single cent, everything was free till 10am ! Cool !

At around 11.30am, I headed to Sonia's grandmother's house. Everyone was so busy, Sonia was shouting ( typical ) and I was talking and doing a lot of wishing ( saying, Happy Deepavali ! ). I stayed around there for awhile, then Sonia and I left to Tinesh's ( Toch ) house. It took us quite awhile because Sonia's friend was a bit late ! She was so impatient, she can't stand waiting for people who are late already ! We reached Toch's house and found Buzzy, Shiqin and Shook Yee already there... We talked awhile and got to know Toch's mum. When more guests arrived, mostly Toch's ex-school mates, Sonia and I had to leave. Sonia had a crowd of friends about to go to her house ! So we rushed back to her grandmother's house, ate a little, talked somemore, and traveled back to her house.

At Sonia's house, I helped out a little. When her friends arrived, they all were surprised to see me ! I thought they would be used to it by now ! The whole house was in a commotion, friends here and there, twinkle running up and down, me talking, and Sonia laughing ! After awhile, I went to have my bath ( Yes ! In Sonia's house ! ), and when I came down, I was in a Jeepa ( An indian traditional costume ), which Ee Mun took the liberty to point out that I looked like a groom waiting to be married !!! ... As time passed, the house was filled with even more of Sonia's friends ! ... Sonia and I patiently waited for our school friends to leave first, we had to go to Thiru house next !

However, we made a small pitt stop to Kash's house, we wanted to see his parents and wish them a happy Deepavali too. Finally, we headed to Thiru's place, we played with fire-crackers ( which are acually banned in Malaysia ), ate a lot, talked about total nonsense, laughed, got to know a few people, rekindled with old friends and I, made a new friend !

Yesterday, I came home with a very full stomach and slept off like a log and woke up today at 12pm ! But later in the day, today!, I went to visit my mom's friend for Deepavali.

Today is the last day of fasting for the Muslim community ... To everyone who celebrates, especially my friends ;

Selamat Hari Raya - maaf zahir dan batin ... HeHe !
Oh ! ANJALI ! if you are reading this and you celebrate Deepavali, then I wish you A Happy Deepavali !!!
-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home