Sunday, May 28, 2006

Venice-ing Through ...

Last week ( a few days ago ), my mum signed my lil' sis, lil'bro, grandmother, me and herself for a 5-hour trip to South Mines. It was a Rm5 trip inclusive of a boat ride, an Alfresco lunch and a to-fro transport ( a luxury coach as the brochure put it ).

So today, we had to be at Cheras Leisure Mall at Fitness First to board our bus with the other people taking this 5-hour trip. The trip there was quite peaceful. As soon as my family stepped into the waiting lobby, we were ushered for the boat ride. The driver ( of the boat ) , was rather friendly, and sometimes annoying as he tried speaking in Cantonese. I have better Cantonese skills than him, and it irritated me that he got every word wrong ! The Chinese people in the boat only could smile sheepishly at him as he broke every word into a million pieces.

The boat ride was a tour of the new South Lake of The Mines. He showed us the new island where bungalows would be built, ministers' homes, and the Venice Walk which connected to the Mines Shopping Complex and the entrance to the Mines Wonderland. I never knew how beautiful The Mines is. I loved the boat ride.

Then, after the ride, we were taken to see the show rooms for the new apartments that would be built. The apartment rooms are are service apartments with a hotel flair to each design. It was beautiful but also costly. My mum and I knew that the idea of the trip was to promote the new homes, but why waste a perfectly cheap trip to The Mines ?

The Alfresco lunch turned out to be very tasty fried mee-hoon, chicken rendang and a lot of assorted desserts ranging from curry puffs to chocolate cakes. The sitting area for lunch was also very scenic, we ate by the lake. It was so beautiful, regretted not having a camera !

The ride back to Leisure Mall turned out to be a bit restless. There was a child crying non-stop ! Now I remember why I dislike little children !!! ( well, I don't dislike them always, just when they're annoying ! ).

Oh Yeah ! My brother was a pain in my ass ( as always ), and I made friends with an old couple ! I always seem to make friends with old people whenever I feel like there is none I can connect with aside from my mum and sis ! ... Odd ! o_O

-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home