Wednesday, November 09, 2005

KAHN-rad...

Ok, so according to my family tradition, on every eve of a family member's birthday, we give out the presents ! It just so happens to be the eve of my young brother's birthday ! He turns six tomorrow ...

Today, school was a bore, again ! 10 arrived to school, 5 remained till the end, 4 kept company and 1 chatted with me till timed passed ( Li-Shia ) ...

Looks like tomorrow will be even worse ... Studying maths with no friends ! How am I ever going to get through that ? This time, it's a guaranteed sleep fest !!! ... At least I finally have the new bio practical to look forward to ... catching bugs and preserving them ! Cool ! ( well, not so cool when you see it squirming in silent pain, struggling to break free from the pangs of death ! ) Oh well ! Not the end of the world ... ( the cruel reasoning taken in the name of science ... hehe ! ... I still managed to slide in a snicker ! )

WOW ! Just tried the new F&N Blazt ( a mixture of orange and mango ), truly a carbonated blast ! [ ...free advert intermissions provided... ]

Suddenly it occurred to me, I wanted to know the meaning of my name ... uuummm... I already knew the meaning, but I wanted to get a deeper insight to it's origin, and so, like a good computer user that I am, I Googled it ! :

Conrad

CONRAD
Gender: Masculine
Usage: English, German Pronounced: KAHN-rad
Meaning: Derived from the Germanic elements kuon "bold" and rad "counsel". This was the name of a famous 10th-century bishop from Switzerland. It was also borne by several kings of Germany. In the English-speaking world it has been common only since the 19th century


Edmund

EDMUND
Gender: Masculine
Usage: English, German Pronounced: ED-mund
Meaning: "rich protector" from Old English ead "rich, blessed" and mund "protector". Saint Edmund was a 9th-century king of East Anglia who, according to tradition, was shot to death with arrows after refusing to divide his Christian kingdom with an invading pagan Danish leader. This Old English name remained in use after the Norman conquest.
Bateman
And like any good computer loser ... er ... I mean 'user', I came to an abrupt halt in searching the meaning of my surname as there happened to be about a thousand records depicting it's own version on my surname ...wonderful !
-conRad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home