Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Torn, Cut So Deep, Bleeding ! ( I need people to post their opinions in the 'comments' ... Help !!! please ... read on ... )

Funny how life offers you two options ... two doors ... two lifelines ... but only one choice ... one final decision ... a decision that'll pave a new path or start a new chapter in life ... in my life ! ... I now have to make that final choice, and I'm torn ... I'm scared that I would be a fool somewhere stuck between the pages of on the road not taken ( a poem by Robert Frost ) ... for I plan to travel pass the road that was less traveled by and make a mark long-lasting in the crowd ...

So, in simple words and not the jumbled up -conRad- language ( above ... ) , I plan to leave form 6 and not take STPM ! ... I love the media arts and I see myself happy and comfortable there ( doing what I like ! ) ... many say that there is no future there ... that many are jobless for Malaysia has no future for this line of work ... but I feel I can make a difference ... I have thought this through ... I have planned my life in this field of work carefully ( or so I think ? ) ... I have been exposed to this line of work before and I loved it ... I have the passion to make this a reality !!! My friends and a few teachers have told me that media studies ( broadcasting arts ) is the thing for me to do ...

If you ask me what I plan to do after STPM ... I can't tell you because I don't know !!! Plus , my results aren't very encouraging ... and I definitely have no interest in doing anything science related !!! ... so, lets say that after I sit for STPM and get my results and it's not very good ... what is any university going to offer me ??? Obviously nothing science related ... duh !

I'm very much arts inclined ( I love writing and making my media-oriented ideas into reality ... )

Unfortunately, how do I make my parents see this ??? I need help !!! I need opinions ... advice !!! Help !!! My father views this choice of mine degrading and pointless ... He says I'll suffer and that I won't be able to survive with the salary I might get ... I'm sad and confused but I really want to go on with this idea of leaving STPM ...

I know that financially it will be hard ... but there are loans provided and I'm willing to pay it off all by myself !!! ... I can do this ! And yet I am torn ... please share your opinions ... It will be deeply appreciated ...

Thank you in advance ...

-conRad-

1 Comments:

Blogger siedne said...

Awww..ur leaving? just wen i was getting to noe u better..but i think u'll do well in the media field, coz u look the type and u really have the interest. the parents part...hmmm...that's always tough. i guess u just gotta keep persisting, maybe wen they're sick of u they'll give in, hehe. cheers! see ya in skool ;p

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home